Tuesday, November 15, 2011

not my day

Anyone ever heard of Murphy's Law? Let me tell you about my awesome day. Late to school because I got caught behind the Midway bus, my phone went off in class and I was extremely embarrassed, in one ear and out the other in my financial class, booked it over to the Social Security Office where I patiently sat for an hour only to be rejected by a man behind that glass counter "unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for you....next!"
Social Security Office Guy=

Then onto the grocery store to pick up a bucketload of ingredients for the dinner we were hosting tonight with our awesome neighbors from Georgia....definitely didn't print off my shopping list...ahhhhh. Five minutes into shopping in P-town my loving husband calls to tell me that there is a repairman waiting outside our house in Midway that very second. I stop shopping and book it up Provo canyon to let Legrand into our house while I go to the supermarket in Heber. For two hours I scrupulously chop, sautee, organize and bake what I KNOW is a dinner sure to impress. Clean the house...my loving husband comes home and helps me clean and set up. Awesome neighbors come over. I have them sit down and start to serve my luscious meal that I have worked very hard on and that I'm already nervous about. As I'm about to serve the third plateful, Thayne makes a very helpful observation that the chicken in the dish is completely RAW.


I try to tactfully take away everyone's plate, removing the chicken and rearranging the pasta and sauce, desperately trying to make it look like I meant to serve them only pasta with creepy red sauce for dinner. Luckily, they tactfully didn't notice what was going on. We had a wonderful time and I didn't cry until they left. Really not my day.

But!!! I'm optimistic. Tomorrow is a new day...the sun will shine, the birds will chirp, and Thayne and I have four pounds of chicken to eat for the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment