Tuesday, June 19, 2012

party rockin': winner

Thayner and I woke up smiling at each other this morning.  I am the single luckiest girl in the world.  That one moment made my day so lovely I can't even describe it.
 Thayne's sister Sara leaves to Kentucky June 27th, so we sent her off in style with a family trip up to the Marriott's family cabin up near Smith and Moorehouse.  As you can tell by this picture, my high school softball skills all came rushing back to me.
 probably the cutest part of the trip.  we had a all out, full-on, Mormon, bonafide, family home evening where Janene (and her puppets) taught us the value of paying a full tithe.  She is so legit.
 Thayne is such a man (as are the rest of the men in the Davis family).  We braved the rope swing up at Smith and Moorehouse and we even MORE braved the sub-arctic waters thereof.

 It wouldn't be a Davis getaway without some kind of competition. This time was floating handmade boats down the stream.  I couldn't get a picture of my boat, the "Party Rockin': Winner", so I'll display Thayne's mildly inappropriate boat.
 aaaaaand, there off!
 the "Party Rockin': Winner" met with an unfortunate end by being sucked into a whirlpool as it crossed the finish line.  But guess what, it crossed the finish line in first place baby!
 Caroline: what I am praying my children look like one day.
 What a wonderful time to be together, enjoy our last few days as a family, relax, and gain five pounds.  We had such a wonderful time!
 okay, so SUPER happy is this.  Kathy Jones became Kathy Bentley and I loved it.  There has been nothing so wonderful in my life as my marriage to Thayne (see first paragraph).  Sure, there are days when I'd rather throw away our dishes than wash them or never pick up one more pair of socks(pants, knick-knacks, shoes, mystery items, etc), but the constant love and affection (and happiness, adventures, respect, licking wars, surprises, and peace) keep me wanting more.  Thayne is my biggest blessing and I know Kathy and Josh will be each others' biggest blessings too!
 speaking of blessings...look at that adorable tush.  The boy attached to that tush is my cute husband.  We played a round of golf up at Red Ledges and it couldn't of been windier (or more fun).  Thank you dad for making our lives classier!
Golf and gelato go hand in hand.....so, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment