Sunday, November 10, 2013

Does this dress make me look fat?

Ah, the age old question.  The bane of every man's existence.  The cringe-inducing sentence that can NOT be answered correctly....ever.  The question that, although it defies all logic and sense, women the world over still ask every time they step out of a dressing room.  Thayner has learned to just say, "I love you" every time I ask it...well played husband, well played.  I really, truly want an honest answer to this question (kind of).

So I turn to you, family and friends.  Be honest.  Don't hold back.  Does this dress make me look fat?



.................



















Let me clarify a few things:
1. Yes, we are very pregnant - 12 weeks to be exact.
2.  We are absolutely thrilled about the whole situation.
3. This is not my belly at 12 weeks, thank goodness.  That is my super-awesome Halloween costume that we made to announce to the extended family- thank you to a very large bath towel shoved up my dress.
4.  I do not want you to answer if this dress makes me look fat. Obviously there is no correct answer to that question.

5 comments:

  1. YAY!! congrats :) haha such a great way to announce. it looked so real! and I thought, wait...when was the last time I saw her?! and I guess I don't see you very often so it very well could have been real.... so the next time I see you at some random event I will be very excited for you!! who knows, maybe you will have had the baby by then!!!!! most likely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Emily!!!! That is so exciting!! CONGRATS!! That is such a cute way to announce it!! How fun! We are expecting in the end of April! I was so confused when I saw how "big" you were at 12 weeks. So, keep in touch we can talk about all the fun of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! So happy for you! You are going to be the most amazing mother. What a lucky little one! I told Jason and he said, "E-puppy????, oh yeah!".

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS! Kids are the bomb.com.

    I do have a former Elders Quorum President who asked the Relief Society President for a list of women in the ward who looked pregnant but weren't. She graciously said that she wasn't (she was in her 50's), and that providing such a list was not anything she was remotely about to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER LITTLE GRAND-YUMMY! LOVE YOU GUYS

    ReplyDelete