Monday, December 12, 2011

great weekend

Okay people, such a wonderful weekend. All sorts of stuff going on while we're living large in our basement! In no particular order, here's what we did:

We celebrated the 100th year of life for the coolest Swiss woman in Thayne's ward: Martha Border. In 77 years, we will have the experience that this woman has...wow. She really helped put it all in perspective for me. As you can see in this first picture, Thayne was NOT stoked to be there (in his defense, the Barcelona/Madrid game had just entered the second half and he was gettin' antsy).
But as you can see from this second picture, we are happy as clams to surround Martha with birthday wishes...what a cutie pie. She is totally with it, happy, and ready to live another 10 years. Go Martha!
We had a freshmen-roommate-and-respective-husbands reunion (every husband's dream Friday night, I know) at Temple Square. The Biggarts, Williams', future Swims (no idea what Spencer's last name is....whoops!), Katelyn Turner, and us had a jolly ole' time looking at the beautiful lights and temple. I stalked down a Chilean sister missionary from Concepcion and we had a lovely little chat. Ah, how I miss the Chileans...
While my parents were living it up with Mike and Ash in Mexico, my dad's coveted turkey-frier arrived and Thayne was the first one to touch it. My dad leapt with joy at the news it arrived.
Sophie and I got major plastic surgery and went bowling together...she almost beat me.

On the happiest note of all...I ignored finals ALL weekend and Thayne and I just watched a Muppet Christmas Carol. It wouldn't be Christmas without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment