Friday, July 6, 2012

curse the apple update!

what the HECK! apparently updating your phone erases all of your wonderful memories (aka photos) of your last two weeks. grrrrrrr! Welp, nothing I can do about that...moving on.  Thayne and I took a lovely trip to Sun Valley, where we had all sorts of fun.
 my new favorite book.
 cute thayner catching all sorts of prize-winning browns at Silver Creek.  this place was so beautiful and I got to chill on the banks in the sun and read that book (see above).
 we're just going to say that almost 100% of the time in sun valley we have car troubles.  (still waiting for that $800 cracked oil pan to turn into a story we laugh about).  this trip was no exception.  I discovered the flat while thayne was fishing.  I rolled up my sleeves and prepared to get dirty (I promise I know how to change a tire all by myself), when two kind, burley men came to my rescue and that puppy was changed in no time flat.
 not to be outdone, the Jeep in the garage decided to break down.  we got the jumpers and I'm pretty sure we exploded a gasket/spark plug/fancy car talk.  whoopsies.
 fast forward two weeks (remember, my beautiful memories of the last two weeks were erased).  I'm pretty sure those wonderful memories involved Hermana Davis' farewell and setting apart, the super activity and Manti pageant with the youth of our ward, Winnie Davis' baby blessing and subsequent party, family BBQs, Fiddler on the Roof community theater style, ward breakfast, fireworks, hiking at Alta, the WHOLE Bourne family at breakfast, and now, the Oakley Rodeo.  Amazing, amazing, amazing.
 the rodeo was heart-throbbing, adrenaline-pumping, wonderfully-American fun.  I can't believe people do things like that for a living.
 just the best t-shirt I've ever seen in my whole life.
 bucking bronco.
lunch with my one true love and my bro...Mikey.  He, Ash, and Havey flew in from New York to grace us with their wonderful presence.  It was so good to spend so much time with family and friends this week.

1 comment:

  1. You guys missed out on Lava, but it can be hard to squeeze another trip between two awesome ones!

    ReplyDelete