Thursday, October 11, 2012

thayner's crush...



holy smokes.  Thayne is adorable.  And that adorable little baby he's holding is the newest addition to the Davis family!  Congrats to Katie and John for producing not one, not two, not three, but FOUR beautiful, lovely children who I'm obsessed with.  Welcome to Lucy Ardella Knudson!  We love you. (You make Thayne look even cuter than he already is.)


These two pictures need some explaining.  Cal and Sue (aunt and uncle) had us over for the annual Taylor-monster-making-and-pumpkin-growing-contest. Here's how it goes...everyone has their own gardens and has to make a monster out of the produce that they grow themselves.  Let's get real.  My "garden" is the basket full of aging potatoes and rotten zucchini in the corner of my kitchen counter.  I made the beauty on the far left and Thayner make the creepy one on the far right.  Luckily we were the judges, so we did very well in the competition :).  Second, everyone brings the pumpkin they grew (bahahahah, me, yeah right) and we weigh them and whosever's weighs the most wins a plaque.  All in all, it was such a great, Halloweeny night and I'm grateful to be a part of such a hilarious family! Oh yeah!  The top picture. For his prize, Taylor got a super-evil mask and Brandon got a fake knife.  Taylor is killing Jacob.






 Thayne, Parker, and Glen (and others) followed, hunted, killed, murdered, and ate a giant elk a few weeks ago.  Parker was lucky enough to get a tag for the Manti area (which boasts the best elk in Utah).  The father-sons trio did such a great job, and we are happy to have them home safe and sound and even MORE happy that we get to eat elk steak.

I'm laughing just thinking about what I'm about to write.  My mother got Carrie Underwood tickets for her birthday this year and the tickets were cursed.  Two of the three friends going with her bailed the week of the concert.  By some act of providence, and by that I mean the undying love a a wonderful mother, Thayner and I were chosen to attend the amazingness that IS a Carrie Underwood concert.  Something hilarious occurred.
Okay people, so just look at her.  Gorgeous.  Talented.  Blonde.  Fun.  By the time the concert was over, I realized that Thayner has a big ole' crush on Carrie.  Before the show: "I really like her music".  After the first song: "Wow, she is really talented." After the third song: "This is awesome." Fourth song: "Man, they really always show off her legs."  Midway through: "Is she married? To who?" Ten minutes later: "What a huge wedding ring! Who is she married to again?" 30 minutes later: he sang every word to all the songs.  After the concert: "Wow, she's amazing!"  Walking to the car: "She's such a great performer, that was amazing."  Two seconds later: "Do you think her being married takes the mystery away from her as a singer?  Because now no one has a chance with her." Going to bed last night: me :"I love you, Thayne"  thayne: "I love you, Carrie".

Okay, some of those didn't happen (most of them did). But the ones that did were hilarious.  Thanks to my mom for a great night and for letting us mooch off your birthday present.  We love you.  And Thayne loves Carrie Underwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment