Thursday, March 14, 2013

where we met...



This is what Thayne Davis looked like the day I met him.  Glorious.  Look at those wings! That popped collar!  That half-smile that says "oh hey, I'm a confident 9th-grader that just started growing and I'm looking for an eternal companion."  Sigh!


This is the place where Thayner and I met for the very first time.  I was a cocky 10th-grader coming back to the lowly Olympus Junior High to dance in an assembly and get girls signed up for dance and Olympus High.  In full Spandex regalia, I walked down the stairs after the assembly and at the bottom was waiting 9th-grade Thayne Davis (see above). Here's about how our super-awesome conversation went:
Thayne: "Hi, I'm Thayne Davis, Taylor's brother"
Emily :"Cool, well, nice to meet you, have a nice day!"
Seriously, love at first sight.
That first meeting was followed by random running-in-to-each-others, tennis matches, me staring at him in concert choir, drives, talks, missions, real dating, real love, marriage, and continued happiness.  So, a big THANK YOU to the Olympus Junior High staircase, we sure owe you one.


Two other awesome things that happened this week:
1.  We went cross-country skiing up Millcreek with our buddies the Francis Family.  They are hilarious and awesome and we had the most wonderful time!
2.  Sophie is definitely a seagull in the junior high musical "The Little Mermaid" and she was the BEST seagull EVER.  The show was adorable and being back in that school brought back some super awesome memories of the most awkward time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment