Thursday, August 16, 2012

can't think of a title...

Thayner and I love a road trip.  Thayner and I especially love a road trip to Sun Valley.  I knew I loved Thayne after being locked with him in a car for four-and-a-half hours on our way to Sun Valley.  We honeymooned here.  It’s a magical place.  The car is a magical place where hilarious road-trip things happen, too.  Today I learned something new about my hubs.  He hates all of my music, but somehow mysteriously knows every single word to every single song by heart.  Today for an hour, we sang wrong words on purpose at the top of our lungs.   Also, if the song is a duet with a man and a woman, Thayne WILL sing the woman’s part 100% of the time…even though a man is singing….at the same time.  That’s all there is to say about that.

Other great things that have happened in the car on road trips together: Our first disagreement where Katie my sister moderated.  Flat tire.  Got terribly lost somewhere in the middle of Utah, but found a great shake place.  Counted run-over pot-guts to keep Soph from going insane.  Rejected the Justin Bieber movie three minutes in…but somehow managed to get through “Lady Hawk” in its entirety.  Thayner got sick going down Logan Canyon then got bled on by an injured man at a gas station.  



First stop, Silver Creek.  I have a feeling generations of our family will stop here to fish on their way to beautiful Sun Valley.

On to the Kneadery for breakfast...mmmmmm.....drool.  I took a big bite into my blueberry pancakes to find out they had a crusty slash completely charred underbelly.  I didn't want to be "that person" who sends back food, but blueberries aren't supposed to be made of pure carbon, so I kindly asked the waiter to switch them for some unburned pancakes and got them in 5 minutes (I just hope the chef-guy didn't spit in the batter!). 
 Our morning adventure took us through the Sawtooths up to the Salmon river and, of course, Thayne fished.

 We swung by Redfish Lake and kicked ourselves for never having gone earlier!  Look at the beauty!! (The mountain and lake are looking pretty good too).





There are some massive wildfires up here in Idaho.  They turn the sun red and keep us from breathing real good.  Anywho, great start to a great trip.  Lame end to a semi-lame blog post.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment