Friday, August 17, 2012

whoops....

You know those times when you just want to crawl into a hole and die? About an hour ago, I slammed Thayne's new birthday-present-waited-for-his-whole-life-couldn't-wait-to-use-costs-a-whole-LOT-of-money-got-it-last-week-and-couldn't-wait-to-fish-silver-creek-again-and-again Sage fishing pole in the car door.  BROKEN.  Just like my heart.  Something interesting happened.  I cried like a big, dumb, baby and Thayne didn't bat an eyelash.  He just hugged me and told me he loved me and that it would be alright and that we'll face tougher things....eternal perspective...mature stuff.  BAM.  
Best. Husband. Ever. Again.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I did it with Adam's brand new road bike this summer. I drove into the garage with it attached to the top of the car. Same reaction too... me freaking out and Adam shrugging his shoulders and saying, "I am just glad it wasn't me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they have some sort of a no-fault guarantee with those fancy fishing poles..ahem..rods?

    Lifted from http://www.sageflyfish.com/about/returns/

    Passionate about creating fly fishing products that continually exceed expectations, Sage strives to meet your standards. In addition to our lifetime original owner warranty on Sage rods, we offer a 365 day return period for any reason, for items purchased on sageflyfish.com. If the item was purchased from an authorized dealer, please contact them directly for assistance. Items that are ordered through an authorized dealer and personalized by Sage Manufacturing cannot be returned or exchanged.

    Rod and Reel Warranty and Repair Questions
    Our Sage Original Owner Lifetime Warranty applies if you have a rod or reel in need of service. Please visit our warranty page to review this or initiate the process for rods. For all other equipment warranty concerns and questions please contact the warranty department at repairs@sageflyfish.com or via phone (888) 848-7243 for further assistance.

    ReplyDelete